TAFE Western Library Services
Visit the Library Portal for all of your online education needs
Whether you come to a TAFE campus every day, or study via TAFE Western Connect and only visit the campus occasionally, or even not at all, TAFE Western Librarians can help you with your study needs, including:
- Finding the right resources quickly and efficiently. These could be books or eResources via our huge database. TAFE Western Libraries subscribe to millions of eResources that are relevant to the subjects TAFE Western offers. Go to the library portal for information and access to all of these resources.
- Pointing you in the right direction with our online Subject Guides, which provide access to a variety of resources specific to your course. We are creating new subject guides all the time so visit the Library Portal regularly to keep up-to-date.
- Information Literacy tutorials either online or in the Library, where we show you how to search the Internet more effectively so you don't waste your valuable time, a skill you will use for this course and for the rest of your life. Learn how to research for assignments, the steps to answering a question, and how to write the essay or report.
- Quiet study areas, group study areas, computers, laptops, wireless access for all your portable devices, laminating and binding machines, printing and photocopying.
- A password to access Your Tutor, an online study centre where you can talk to someone 6 nights per week (3pm - 10pm) for 'on demand' support for writing, maths, assignment tasks and study advice.